Saturday, February 10, 2007

WHITE MATTERS

“Some people have an edge up on others in their ability to tell lies,” says Adrian Raine, a psychologist at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. “They are better wired for the complex computations involved in sophisticated lies.”

He found that pathological liars have on average more white matter in their prefrontal cortex, the area of the brain that is active during lying, and less grey matter than people who are not serial fibbers. White matter enables quick, complex thinking while grey matter mediates inhibitions. These are the first biological differences to be discovered between pathological liars and the general population.


Hypocrites, Manipulators and Liars. Game on.

I've witnessed your antics, I've observed your strategies, I've noted your tell-tale signs and I say "Game On!"

Physically, I may appear agreeable and demure, but mentally, I am feisty and potent. I am on the defensive and am two steps ahead, blocking your every move. Rest assured, I will only use my faculties for the greater good. However, you won't like playing by my rules because I play for keeps.

Game On.

1 comment:

alicetn said...

Okay speaking as a scientist the reasoning here is a bit faulty and absurd. I'm sure there is some neurological explanation for why pathologicl liars are beter at lying than others. It could be just a pyschological bit - years of training.