Thursday, May 03, 2007

CITY ROMANCE

Under the dominating death hold of winter, Toronto became a spiritless suitor. As the frost set in, I readily abandoned my relationship with this city. Its wares could no longer woo me. Each day after work, in an effort to avoid the pitiful glares of the beckoning city lights, I ran away as fast as I could, taking comfort in the warm embrace of my home.

However, with warmer temperatures looming, I am destined to fall in love with the city all over again.

In an early bid to rekindling my romance with Toronto, I decided to walk from College & Yonge to Union station, a total of 2.2km. Each block brought reminders of the charm and attraction that this city holds. Its eagerness to embrace an entire hoard of warm-weather-shoe-jockeys onto its walkway was invigorating.

I have resolved to spend more quality time with Toronto. I know I’ve said this before, but this time I really mean it. I am going to make this relationship work for me!

No comments: