Thursday, January 04, 2007

BLK PEPPER SOUP

Last night, hunger defeated sleep and insisted I stagger into the kitchen and concoct a "midnight snack" (literally).

In my daze, I foraged through the cabinets and found a can of tomato soup: easy, warm and satisfying. My culinary pursuit was moving along masterfully, until I heavy-handedly added the pepper (an equivalent of 3 heaping table spoons).

Flavour: Pungently spicy pepper with a hint of tomato

Verdict: Unpalatable

Lessons: Do not cook when groggy AND Do not attempt to eat culinary mistakes.

This meal provoked bizarre and disconcerting dreams about: 1.decaying tuna fish in my high school locker 2. Senior high school Lodge trip with eerie Stephen King sensation 3. Biding old high school mates farewell, carried out by an adult recognition that I will NEVER see these people again.

No comments: