Saturday, August 05, 2006

AD AGE

One day, on a whim, my mother-in law tore out all the advertisements of her 192-page magazine, leaving her with 75 pages of content. Astonishing.

Living in North America, especially a huge metropolis like Toronto, we are all inundated with a myriad of ads. I’ve read a study (by Juniper Research) that states the average North American sees or hears about 3,000 advertising messages a day. 3000!!! Personally, with all this ad saturation I have become desensitized to most ad campaigns. Companies are fruitlessly spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on campaigns that are, in fact, ineffectual.

However, on the rare occasion, I have seen ads that have jolted me out of my advertising apathy. Cleverly, the marketers have crafted these ads to grab the attention of my discerning and "Ad cluttered" mind. Here are a few that I would like to share:

NIKE TAG


HUMAN TOUCH


CONDOM


LANGUAGE INSTITUTE


TRIGON



GERMAN COAST GUARD



Note to Ad agencies: More like these please.

No comments: