Friday, October 06, 2006

CANADA'S GIVING THANKS


Thanksgiving, Canadian style.
(early October, not late November)

I'm excited for turkey! However, I'm hearing whispers around town that there might not be a turkey this Thanksgiving... THE HORROR! I'm sincerely sad at the possibility of not having a turkey.

I've never been one to abandon the Thanksgiving Day tradition of turkey, but this year I'm at the mercy of others. Two dinners invites and the turkey is not guaranteed.

I have certain turkey cravings and need my cravings satisfied damn it!

My brother and I once announced a craving for turkey one late April evening. Fortunately for us, my parents' freezer was housing the coveted turkey. Unfortunately for us, we were up until 1:30am cooking the coveted turkey. We were finally feasting on the flightless bird at two in the morning. It was, BY FAR, the best turkey I have ever eaten.

1 comment:

Out Of My Element said...

Thanksgiving with NO TURKEY??? Oh, I feel for you! I hope someone decides to make one after all!