Tuesday, November 28, 2006

TONIGHT, WE BOWL

Paulette
What are we gonna do tonight Johnny?

Johnny
Tonight, we bowl!

(I will send ten bucks to the first person who correctly guesses what movie that quote is from.)


A couple weeks ago (before sickness took up residence in my body) I had a chance to go on a dinner/bowling double date with my friend Alison. I had a wonderful time.

After a frustrating workweek, you cannot discredit the healing power of a two-hour session at the local bowlerama.

I have several ways I like to work out my pent up frustration.

1. Write
2. Lose myself in a good movie
3. Boxing Classes (which I no longer go to since it has been scheduled at a very inconvenient time)
4. Bowl

Bowling ought to rank highly on the anger management list of things to do. A heavy ball and a lot of anger, a very dangerous combination to ten mocking pins. It definitely gets the hate out. There is something so satisfying about taking my “made for kids” eight pound ball, hurling it down the alley and rejoicing in the ball-pin contact.

Although only once did I get a strike and only twice a spare.

David said that I should work on my ball hurling technique.

I choose instead to use this opportunity to exercise and master my Psychokinesis. Willing my eight pounder not go gutter-side. Willing the pins to drop despite lack of contact. My awesome mind power worked… occasionally. (I need more practice)

While I was working on my psychical powers, David opted for mystical sorcery. He harnessed his magic into a fifteen-pound bowling ball and was unbeatable after that.

We did not divulge our little paranormal accomplishments to our double date partners. Some things are best left unspoken.

2 comments:

Patricia Limón said...

Grease II. :) - heart92673@yahoo.com

Gypsy In My Soul said...

Nice Job! Hope you take Canadian money!