Thursday, November 16, 2006

THE TRUTH SURFACES

A couple posts ago I blogged about a flowery surprise. I dismissed my initial suspicion (I was saturated with pleasure at the time), but my skeptical nature reign supreme over my cheery outlook.

I questioned the motive behind my beautiful bouquet.

"Just Because" was the response.

A very unsatisfactory answer. So I dig relentlessly until I uncovered the truth.

Truth: He's leaving me for three days, at the end of November, to go to a football game in Boston. The rest of the explaination was a blur, something about Bears and Patriots, a fifty yard line and an NFL hook-up.

It appears that the tickets to the game will be my Christmas gift to him.

Moral of this story: Flowers are wonderful to receive but never take them at face value.

1 comment:

Out Of My Element said...

Of all things...flowers for FOOTBALL??!! Well, at least you don't have to come up with that perfect Christmas gift this year!