Thursday, November 30, 2006

PRIZE WINNER

A few posts ago I challenged my readers with an obscure movie quote. As promised there is ten dollars awaiting the winner... but here's my dilemma... I'm not familiar with the winner and am in the process of trying to suss her out.

I'm truly flattered that she takes time to read the chronicles of my life and am considerably impressed that she's aware of GREASE II.

That's right ladies and gentlemen... GREASE II, Michelle Pfeiffer's finest work. Well, at least to a suburban kid in grade five, who believed Stephanie Zinone was the coolest chick around. The open mouth gum chewing, the tight black clothes and the satin pink greaser jacket, she was the epitome of "Bad-Ass-Cool" in my ten year old world.

I recorded Grease II on my dad's VCR and played the movie over and over until the magnetic strip wore thin. I listened to the soundtrack, walking to and from school, for two months straight. My friend Kelly and I would sing "Cool Rider" as we walked home. She boogied down the sidewalk to the Cool Rider choreography while singing at the top of her voice. I was too shy to accompany her in dancing, but not even on my very timid days could anyone stop me from joining in song.

Oh, the innocence of youth... where have you gone?

No comments: