Friday, December 01, 2006

ON THE 1st DAY...

I've been waiting for this day with great anticipation. It's been circled on my calendar for months. (Well, not physically... I would have, if I had an actual calendar. BUT I've mentally circled it, in my cranium calendar.)

Why?

Beginning today, I can officially start telling everyone who crosses my path to have a HAPPY HOLIDAY and a MERRY CHRISTMAS! Starting today, I'm allowed to sing Christmas carols at the loudest volume my voice and neighbours will allow.

Any sooner than today, people give me funny looks and refuse to reciprocate the Christmas sentiment (this is not an assumption, it is a tried and tested certainty).

I’ve already begun reacquainting myself with that warm-merry Christmas feeling via downloaded Christmas music.

Christmas, it's everything I love all rolled into one holiday. Gift giving, Friends n' Family time, gingerbread and sugar cookies, cooking (Rumours to the contrary aside, I am a VERY GOOD COOK, I just don't do it very often), over indulging, TV specials, group singing, home decorating, Holiday parties, dressing pretty and SHOPPING!

Malls are over loaded with shoppers, but I don't care. No one in my family is fanatical about getting the latest gadgets or any must have item... so I'm free of gift giving restrictions. To some, this would be an annoyance; to me this is a great challenge, an annual treasure hunt with my own lyrical accompaniment.

Dashing through the Mall
In a rush to find a gift
Through the stores we go
Spending money swift.

Loved ones on your mind
Making spirits bright
Oh, What fun it is to seek and find
A perfect gift tonight! Aaay!

HAPPY SHOPPING, ONE AND ALL!


2 comments:

Lux Life said...

hehe, that tree looks familiar! Yay, it's baking season time, we have a date next weekend to bake cookies!

Gypsy In My Soul said...

Christmas cookies, one of the best things about the holidays! Yummy!

Prepare yourself for a baking marathon!