Monday, December 11, 2006

PIXIE OR ELFIN?

Last Wednesday, on a whim, I made and appointment to get my hair cut. I was in desperate need of a new style.

A month ago I volunteered myself for a free haircut, given by my brother's girlfriend (an apprentice hair stylist at FIORIO, my salon of choice). It was trimmed from shoulder length to the nape of my neck.

Now, with the holiday season upon us, I wanted my hair to be more coiffed. So off to the salon I went.

I'm very secure with my hair and I'm definitely not a timid hair client, after all it is just hair. I sat in the chair and said, “Do what you think is best.”

Well, my security and hair sensibility were tested. I came out of the salon with the shortest hair I've ever permitted (I should rethink giving stylist free reign to my hair). It's short, it's very, very short, boy cut short. It's what one would call a "Pixie Cut". Although, I do love and appreciate that my “high fashion” hair is very low maintenance, the haircut is definitely going to take some getting use to.

I'm continually surprised at my own reflection.

Now, having five days to absorb the hair, or lack there of, I'm over the initial shock… or so I thought.

On my way home from work, I stopped by a Café to buy myself a gingerbread cookie ('Tis the season). The man behind the counter asked, "Boy or Girl?" For a split second I thought he was referring to me. But common sense prevailed and I quickly realized he was asking if I wanted a boy or girl gingerbread person.

I guess I still am a little sensitive about the new style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey little boy have you seen my sister.


hahahahahahah J/k