Tuesday, December 12, 2006

AN EXTREME CHRISTMAS

Company Christmas parties and Gay men. These are today's topics.

Last Sunday David and I attended his company's Christmas celebration. In previous years, the company hosted a formal dinner at a lovely poshy place du jour. This year, having recently been bought out by American investors, the company decided to forsake the conventional sit down dinner and opted for a contemporary nightery finger food affair.

BIG MISTAKE!

A) Too few waiters carrying too few h'orderves.
B) One bar, three bartenders and thirty people in line for drinks.
C) Standing room only.
D) All this mayhem taking place on a Sunday night.

D MINUS!

The only glittery silver lining of the whole night was cabaret drag-travaganza, a variety of accomplished female impersonators lip syncing and dancing to lively songs. (Did I fail to mention that one of the new owners is gay?) I had my fill of eye candy with shirtless gay elves dancing around a drag Mariah Carey. It's the company's version of "The Nutcracker" with Sugar Plumb Fairies dancing about.

LOVED IT!

I love flamboyantly gay men, they appeal to my fun loving don't take yourself too seriously sensibility; and gay men adore me, clearly because I'm spunky, fiery and down right fabulous! (It's true! I've been told this on several occasions, and I believe every word of it.)

Have an EXTREME CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's raining men
Hallelujah it's raining men

Out Of My Element said...

Sounds like a blast!!