Monday, December 11, 2006

Dear Diary... He asked me out!

Today David and I celebrate our 13th year anniversary. On December 11th, 1993 we went on our first date… dessert and a movie.

Thursday, December 9th, 1993 - G.S.H. Academy

HE ASKED ME OUT!!! He said, "Do you want to go check out a movie on Friday or Saturday?" When I got off the phone, I danced around my room. I'm so happy!

Saturday, December 11th, 1993 - G.S.H. Academy

David took me out for dessert before the movie (My Life). I had to make the first move with the handholding. He’s really shy.

When he drove me home, he didn’t even try to kiss me. I had to be aggressive and make the first move. I was determined to get a goodnight kiss out of him...

Yes, I am one of those girls, the ones who marry their high school sweetheart. Who would have predicted the outcome of a simple high school romance? Not me. At eighteen I thought, “What an antiquated notion, marrying your high school boyfriend.”

These lips wanted to kiss a number of frogs before finding price charming.

There are a lot of things that I would do differently, in retrospect, but marrying David is not one of them.

Happy “First Date” Anniversary to us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

When are the babies coming?