Thursday, December 28, 2006

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGGS

UGG [ugh] n.
1. A type of sheepskin boot, which has been made in Australia and New Zealand for nearly 200 years.

Etymology: originally called "ug boots", which is short for ugly.

I have openly denounced UGGS as one of the most deplorable fashion footwear of this or any other century. I have preached to anyone who would listen about the ridiculousness of these boots. I have sworn that I would never don those shoes on these feet (along with clear heeled stilettos).

I stand here, head down with my tail between my legs, wearing Christmas presented Uggs on my feet.

Yes, they are still ugly and ridiculous, but they are SO COZY and COMFY. (You should know. I'm a sucker for cozy and comfy.)

Head still down. However, this time not from shame, but from marveling at my new UGGS.

At least these are more "shoe" defined than the classic Uggs, which are still hideous. (I know, excuse making and straw gasping... back to shameful head hanging.)

4 comments:

alicetn said...

When you come to Santa Barbara you must bring your UGGs with you. It's a wardrobe stable here and you want to fit in don't you!?!

Gypsy In My Soul said...

BABY,
I'm not about following trends. I'm about starting them.

:p

alicetn said...

Of course silly me. I should have known better. So what's the next trend you're going to start?

Out Of My Element said...

Don't you HATE it when that happens??

Whatever, as long as you are comfortalbe, who cares?